During Success period we will be showing the movie Wonder. Wonder is an earnest, emotional family based drama based on an award-winning novel. It centers on Auggie Pullman, a young boy with a genetic facial difference. Auggie meets both cruel bullies and good friends as he attends school for the first time. The movie has clear positive messages about choosing kindness and appreciating everyone for who they are. We encourage you to ask your student about this movie and utilize it as a platform for family discussion.
1. Anti-bullying education focus in MS Success Period
2. School Resource Officer O'Dell discussing anti-bullying behaviors with students and staff
3. Schoolwide focus on Safe, Responsible and Respectful behavior for students and staff
4. Cyberbullying focus and its effects on the educational environment
5. A Brave Heart: The Lizzie Velasquez Story study by students
6. Continuous professional development for Staff
7. Consistent discipline process to address harassment concerns